- 1 Overview
- 2 Change of doctrine
- 3 Veto
- 4 Statement of principle
- 5 Mandate
- 6 Evaluation
- 7 Recognition
- 8 Appointment
- 9 Rewarding
- 10 Visionaries
- 11 The Imperial Titles of the Synod
- 12 Assembly Strength
No change of doctrine was attempted during the Summit.
- Assembly: General Assembly
- Raised By: Solas
- Judgement: In the confict in Asavea we see echoes of the Patrician War and Thrace's rebellion. We call on all Imperial citizens to aid the peoples of Marracoss and Emphedor in their struggle for liberty in any way possible. We denounce any military captain who would seek to profit from this conflict with the coin of slavers.
- Outcome: Upheld 1219 - 165
- Assembly: Assembly of the Nine
- Raised by: Jorma Steelhail
- Judgement: The institution of slavery is a dark stain on the soul that will never wash clean. Evey citizen should take arms in defence of those who fight against slavery against any who threaten it. We send Jorma Steelhail with 150 doses of liao to tell every citizen of the Empire to reach out to help those who have been enslaved - all that is worthwhile is shared with those who deserve it.
- Ouctome: Upheld 7-0 (Greater Majority). If Jorma Steelhail provides 150 doses of liao, Imperial citizens will oppose slavery within the Empire as described here.
- Assembly: General Assembly
- Raised By: Bloodcrow Ergot
- Judgement: The institution of slavery is a dark stain on the soul that will never wash clean. Every citizen should take arms in defence of those who fight against slavery against any who threaten it. We send Jorma Steelhail with 150 doss of liao to tell every citizen of the Empire to reach out to help those who have been enslaved - all that is worthwhile is shared with those who deserve it.
- Outcome: Withdrawn at request of Bloodcrow Ergot. (1120-295 in favour at time it was withdrawn).
- Assembly: Highborn National
- Raised By: Hazelponi of the Shattered Tower
- Judgement: The monstrous infestation that is the vallorn is a danger beyond any other that now faces us. There is no sacrifice so great that we cannot meet it to defeat this terror. We send Hazelponi of the Shattered Tower with 500 liao to urge every Highborn citizen to consider if they could assist in defeating this threat by undertaking an extended pilgrimage to walk the trods.
- Outcome: Not upheld (211-498).
- Notes: The Throne used their Custodian of the Empire power to cause this mandate to require a Greater Majority.
- Assembly: Pride Virtue
- Raised By: Rane Sherarding
- Jugement: Vindication. Miriam of the Cenotaph's name was brought to me with claims she "saved Highguard" in battle. Initial investigations found no opposition to this.. Inquisition sealed it. As a runner she put herself in extreme danger to summon reinforcements to surrounded Highborn forces. This short judgement cannot do the tale justice, but I name it heroism. She named it her duty. I urge the Highborn to hear her story, and tell it as an example of these highest duties. Let them take Pride in their hero and use this as an inspiration to which they may aspire. Miriam herself is warmly reminded her next duty is to continue setting this example to elevate others with Pride.
- Outcome: Upheld with a Greater Majority (214-0)
At the Summit, the following appointments were made by the Assemblies of the Synod.
- Assembly: Wisdom Virtue
- Raised by: Tribune
- Judgement: Appointment of the Cardinal of Wisdom.
- Outcome: Sariel of the Shattered Tower was appointed with 174 votes. Sejanus of the Scarlet Guard received 72 votes. Helka Ingesdottir received 23 votes.
- Assembly: Courage Virtue
- Raised by: Tribune
- Judgement: Appointment of the Cardinal of Courage.
- Outcome: Clarice Novarion was appointed with 93 votes. Nina of Cantiarch's Hold received 56 votes. Jorma Steelhail received 33 votes. Melchior of Adina's Charge received 30 votes.
- Assembly: Assembly of the Nine
- Raised By: Tribune
- Judgement: Appointment of the Imperial Inquisitor.
- Outcome: Corwyn Leafstalker was appointed with 5 votes (Greater Majority). Ephron of Adina's Charge received 1 vote. Yarrick Ursan received 1 vote. Lothar the Giliath received 0 votes. Medea Ruth received 0 votes.
- Notes: Martin Orchard was nominated by another citizen and requested that his candidacy be withdrawn.
Appointments by Cardinals:
The Cardinal of Ambition reappointed Corey Wayfarer of Navarr as their Gatekeeper, and Ranae de Rondell of Dawn as their Virtue Inquisitor.
The Cardinal of Vigilance appointed Sela of the Suns of Courous of Highguard as their Gatekeeper, and Ser Ancél of House Vexille of Dawn as their Virtue Inquisitor.
The Cardinal of the Way, Atla of the Imperial Orcs, appointed Chainbreaker Snark of the Imperial Orcs to the position of Imperial Chaplain Consular.
|5||General|| I request 48 Thrones from the Virtue Fund to purchase White Granite through the Cavabianca Dock Ministry. The intent is to give this White Granite to Axos to speed up their outlawing of slavery, to Severin of the House of Seven Mirrors.
Use White Granite from Asavea to end slavery in Axos.
The Cavabianca Dock in the League buys White Granite from Asavea, a nation that has slaves.
There is no use this White Granite can be put to that will not bear the taint of slavery.
Let the Synod purchase this White Granite, and use it to enable Axos to outlaw slavery.
48 Thrones from the Virtue Fund puts Asavean “bloody granite” to a Virtuous use.
If the purchase cannot be achieved, 48 Thrones will be returned to the Virtue Fund.
|Lieselotte Von Holberg||Upheld 734 - 246. Paid.|
The Virtue Fund
The following represents the Virtue Fund of the Synod:
|Income||TBC||The price paid in the Bourse Auction for the dose of True Liao.||Closing Value||TBC|
The following individuals received visions of their past lives.
- Lady Danica Vandale of Dawn
- Idwyn Splitroot of Navarr
- Sister Meredith Stellamaris of the Marches
The Imperial Titles of the Synod
At the end of the Summer Solstice 382YE, the Imperial Titles in the Synod were held by:
|Virtue||Cardinal||Gatekeeper / Conscience||Virtue Inquisitor|
|Ambition||Viviane de Coeurdefer of Dawn||Corey Brackensong (formerly Wayfarer) of Navarr||Ranae de Rondell of Dawn|
|Courage||Jorma Steelhail of Wintermark||Nina of Cantiarch's Hold||Lucifer, Son of Cyrus of Highguard|
|Loyalty||Veikko of Wintermark||Tess of the Marches||Corwin Leafstalker of Navarr|
|Pride||Astrid Fjellrevening Rezia di Tassato of The League||Constanza i Kalamar i Guerra of The Brass Coast||Rane Jorunsdottir of Wintermark|
|Prosperity||Cesare Enzo di Trivento||Morgan Leafstalker of Navarr||Yarona of The Chantry of the Silver Skull|
|Vigilance||Irada von Temeschwar of the League||Sela of the Suns of Courous||Ser Ancel of House Vexille.|
|Wisdom||Abaddon De Rondell of Dawn||Amris of Varushka||Galene Netherwatch|
|The Way||Atla of the Imperial Orcs||Mel Greenhill of The Marches||Yarrick Ursan of Wintermark|
Other Synod-Appointed Titles
|Title||Held By||Appointed By||Renews|
|High Exorcist||Solas of the Spire of the Waxing Sun, Urizen||Assembly of Nine||Winter Solstice|
|Auditor of Senatorial Accountability||Vauraus Korppitkotka||Assembly of Nine||Spring Equinox|
|Imperial Inquisitor||Martin Orchard of the Marches||Assembly of Nine||Summer Solstice|
|Custodian of the Imperial War Memorial||Sister Magdalena of the Shattered Tower, Highguard||Highguard National Assembly||Sinecure; until death, revocation or abdication|
|Imperial Chaplain Consular||Chainbreaker Snark of the Imperial Orcs||Cardinal of the Way||Spring Equinox|
|Seer of the Gateway||Livia Cascade of Urizen||Assembly of Nine||Until death, revocation or abdication|
|High Bard of the Empire||Irina Akulineuna Kotor||Assembly of Nine||Spring Equinox|
|Voice of Barbs||Meredith Nighthaven||Navarr National Assembly||Winter Solstice|
|Curator of the Printer's Guild Museum||Taddea Ginori of the League||Cardinal of Prosperity||Sinecure; until death, revocation or abdication. When a new Cardinal of Prosperity is appointed they may choose to name a replacement.|
|Curator of the White City Museum||Apollos of Highguard||Highguard National Assembly||Sinecure; until death, revocation or abdication.|
|Watcher of Britta's Pool||Gunnbrand Ironwill of Wintermark||Wintermark National Assembly||Sinecure; until death, revocation or abdication.|
|Dean of Laroc Cathedral||Odelina de Rondell of Dawn||Dawn National Assembly||Sinecure; until death, revocation or abdication.|
|Crow Keeper of the Rest||Nils Bardstrom of Wintermark||Wintermark National Assembly||Sinecure; until death, revocation or abdication.|
|Guardian of Giselle's Tomb||Casimir Marcellino di Sarvos of the League||League National Assembly||Sinecure; until death, revocation or abdication.|
|Quaymaster of the Black Sails||Vacant||Loyalty Assembly||Autumn Equinox|
|Friar of Honour's Rest||Albert Fugglestone-Copperhill||Marcher National Assembly||Sinecure; until death, revocation or abdication.|
|Claviger of the Basilica of Cora Holdfast||Jared of the Suns of Courous||Loyalty Assembly||Sinecure; until death, revocation or abdication.|
|Castellan of the Silent Sentinel||Rhesa of the Scions of Ravensfell||Highguard Assembly||Sinecure; until death, revocation or abdication.|
At the start of the summit the voting total of the General Assembly was calculated to be 2607.
The final voting total of the General Assembly was calculated to be 2930.
The Civil Service reminds citizens that determining whether a Judgement has achieved a Greater Majority counts from the estimation of the relevant Assembly strength when scrutiny on the Judgement closes, not the final Assembly strength at the end of the summit.
At the end of the Summer Solstice 382YE Summit the voting strength of the Virtue and National Assemblies were estimated to be:
|Virtue Assembly||Initial Voting Strength||Final Voting Strength||Final Greater Majority|
|National Assembly||Initial Voting Strength||Final Voting Strength||Final Greater Majority|