(→=Division for the Preparation of True Liao)
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
=== Constitutional Court ===
=== Constitutional Court ===
The [[Scrutiny#Constitutional_Court|Constitutional Court]] is composed of a number of magistrates and civil servants whose job is to ensure that the motions passed by the Senate can be implemented in accordance with the Imperial Constitution.
The [[Scrutiny#Constitutional_Court|Constitutional Court]] is composed of a number of magistrates and civil servants whose job is to ensure that the motions passed by the Senatecan be implemented in accordance with the Imperial Constitution.
Revision as of 17:39, 24 June 2019
- 1 Institutional Civil Servants
- 2 Non-Institutional Civil Servants
From the Imperial Constitution
The Imperial Civil Service was founded in its current form in the reign of Emperor Giovanni. Members of the Service are IC oath-bound, and the crew who play them are bound OOC, to the impartiality and neutrality that are the finest traditions of the Service.
As such, they do not vote in any elections, as that would undermine the reality that they are neutral supporters of the Empire.
The Civil Servants who attend Anvil are generally based at the Civil Service Hub, located roughly at the centre of Anvil. However, their work takes them across various parts of Anvil, as is outlined here.
Institutional Civil Servants
These civil servants are linked to specific Imperial Institutions to ensure their smooth operation.
The Constitutional Court is composed of a number of magistrates and civil servants whose job is to ensure that the motions passed by the Imperial Senate can be implemented in accordance with the Imperial Constitution. Members of the Court have a number of their own responsibilities, particularly the Auditor of the Imperial Treasury, who is responsible for ensuring the Master of the Imperial Mint receives a report on the accounts of the Imperial Treasury. These Civil Servants sometimes attend sessions of the Senate to provide important further context on the opportunities and powers available to it.
|Leontes the Scribe||Imperial Archivist||Marches||Andy Rafferty|
|Gerard La Salle||Auditor of the Imperial Treasury||Dawn||Graeme Jamieson|
|Stanislav Karkovich||Chief Magistrate||Varushka||Jon Creek|
Speaker for the Senate
The Speaker for the Senate comprises those Civil Servants appointed to oversee the business of the Imperial Senate. Though the office is always referred to in the singular, in practice there are usually multiple Civil Servants filling this role. The Speaker chairs all sessions of the Senate to ensure they are orderly, timely and effective.
|John of Meade||Marches||Harry Harold|
|Élodie Haper||Dawn||Amy Woodhead|
The Speaker is expected to maintain the following records:
- A list of all motions brought before Senate, their proposers, seconders and wording by one hour before each session
- Whether or not each motion passed after each session
- If a motion had a financial element, at what level of expenditure it passed
- A list of all Announcements made before Senate and their contents
- The location of a suitable a suitable pro-forma for Senate motions.
Tribune of the Synod
The Tribune of the Synod comprises those Civil Servants appointed to oversee the business of the Imperial Synod. Though the office is always referred to in the singular, in practice there are usually multiple Civil Servants filling this role. The Tribune is responsible for accepting and registering Judgements raised by priests, and recording and announcing the votes of members of the Synod.
|Almodis Bolholt||Marches||Vikiy Myers|
|Kiersten Grimmrsdottir||Wintermark||Harriette Westmacott-Verran|
|Leonardo i DelToro i Riqueza||Brass Coast||Jonathan Kidger|
The Tribune is expected to maintain the following records:
- Appointments by assemblies of the Synod.
- Votes made by Synod priests on Judgements
- Rewardings made from the Virtue fund to the priests who raised the corresponding Judgements
- Names of those who receive visions of their past lives
- The location of a suitable pro forma for Synod Judgements
Herald of the Council
The Herald of the Council comprises those Civil Servants appointed to oversee the business of the Military Council. Though the office is usually referred to in the singular, in practice there are usually multiple Civil Servants filling this role. The Herald chairs all official meetings of the Military Council to ensure they are orderly, timely and effective.
|Ekaterijna Nadyovna Gremani||Varushka||Sam Sulkin|
|Dart||Imperial Orcs||Ben Woodhead|
The Herald is expected to maintain the following records:
- The battle opportunities chosen by the military council
- The combination of nations taking part in each opportunity
- The field marshal commanding each battle opportunity
- The orders given by generals to their armies
- Any pardons issued by the Military Council
- Any distribution of spoils of war made by the Military Council
Agents of the Bourse
The Agents of the Bourse are Civil Servants appointed to oversee the business of the Imperial Bourse. They organise the auction of Imperial Bourse Titles, take lots for and run the Public auction, and organise the election of National Bourse Titles.
|Marta Vaskovich Kovar||Varushka||Elinor Kershaw|
|Nooranii Hazana Guerra||Brass Coast||Nora Black|
The Agents are expected to maintain the following records:
- Results of auctions of Bourse seats; the names of those successful and how much they paid
- Resources disposed of in the private auction
- Buyers and prices of lots in the private auction
- Prices of lots in the public auction
Conclave Civil Servants
The Civil Servants who serve the Imperial Conclave oversee its sessions in the Hall of Worlds. They accept Declarations made in advance of each session, create the agenda, and ensure each session is run in a timely, efficient and orderly fashion. They are also responsible for taking the crystal mana required to speak in Conclave, which is then added to the Conclave vaults and disbursed to Grandmasters of each Order.
|Khaytanus Everwatch||Urizen||James Littlewood|
|Casiphea, daughter of Anne, of Basilisk's Rest||Highguard||Clare Selley|
The Conclave Civil Servants are expected to maintain the following records:
- Appointments to Imperial Title
- Addresses made on each day, and who made each one
- Declarations made on each day, who made each one, and whether or not it passed
- The Strengths of each order at each Conclave session
- The contents of each Order's Vault at the beginning and end of the Summit
Non-Institutional Civil Servants
The General Secretary of the Civil Service oversees the appointment and day-to-day operation of Civil Servants.
Overseer of Imperial Elections
The Overseer of Imperial Elections is responsible for administering the appointment for all Imperial titles not managed by another office of the Civil Service, and ensuring all elections adhere to the strictures of Imperial Law.
The Overseer is expected to keep the following records:
- Results of elections to the Senate
- Results of elections by the Senate
- Results of appointments of generals and admirals of the Military Council
- Other appointments made by the Bourse
- The list of current Imperial title holders
- The list of changes from the last summit's list of current Imperial title holders
These civil servants co-ordinate the militia and are responsible for administering trials and Imperial justice.
|Stanislav Karkovich||Varushka||Jon Creek||Chief Magistrate, Criminal & Religious law|
|Adile i Mata i Riqueza||Brass Coast||Shanine Gill||General|
|Avedon de Remourics||Dawn||Oliver Facey||Criminal & Religious Law|
|Grimmer Reinholz||Wintermark||Martin Verran||General|
|John Cooper||Marches||Richard Squires||General|
|Urlik The Lucky||Wintermark||Michael Pye||General|
|Zofia Justynova Garnovska||Varushka||Christi Scarborough||General|
Division for the Preparation of True Liao
These Civil Servants take instruction from those individuals awarded or in possession of True Liao. Where individuals seek to use the True Liao to have visions of their past lives, it is the responsibility of these Civil Servants to interview them to explain the process, and then to administer to the ceremony after the True Liao has been suitably prepared.
|Barak of Haros||Highguard||David Sheridan|
|Walt Scriber||Dawn||Ian Horne|
War Scouts & Prognosticators
The Military Council employs a variety of individuals to discern the nature of the various opportunities available to the Empire, either in clash of armies or in battles through the Sentinel Gate. War Scouts have first-hand experience in fighting and gaining intelligence about barbarian forces, whilst the Prognosticators employ powerful divination magic to assess the disposition of both barbarian and Imperial forces. Other bodies of the Civil Service also employ Prognosticators within their own areas.
|Orn Eidrmutr||War Scout||Wintermark||David Henderson|
|Will of Overton||War Scout||Marches||Andy Connell|
The Imperial Academy at Anvil runs various activities for the younger heroes of the Empire. A list of dedicated Academy staff can be found here.