Amend powers of Dredgemaster of Feverwater
Proposed by Miaren, Seconded by Hercynia
- The sinecure dedicated to the dredging of lake Feverwater in Therunin is to be improved
- The Dredgemaster of Feverwater gains the ability to commission one piece of historical research each season.
- Spring 379YE
- The powers of the Dredgemaster were amended.
- This power was later removed by the Senate during the Winter Solstice 381YE.
- The Imperial Senate has set no upper limit on the amount of improvement possible. As such, the Senator can improve this sinecure as much as they like over the next year.
- Clarify the limits on usage to commission historical research
- Amend the tenure of this title
While the Dredgemaster has the ability to commission Historical Research, the Empire as a whole can still only commission a limited number each season. To use this power, the Dredgemaster provides an announcement to the Civil Service, who presents the decision to the Imperial Senate. No voting is possible by the Senate at this point, as the power has been delegated to the Dredgemaster. The Imperial Synod may, however, choose to exercise their veto over this announcement.
The ability to commission historical research is a significant power. Other similar titles with this power are appointed annually. To bring this position into line with existing titles, the Court have recommended that it be amended to be appointed annually.