Create title of Auditor of Senatorial Accountability
Proposed by Astalot, seconded by Semmerholm.
- Create an Auditor of Senatorial Accountability with responsibility to investigate Imperial Senators.
- Passed with one vote against
- Passed Spring 377YE (Event Two 2013).
- This position has a responsibility to investigate Senate expenditure and report to the Senate.
- Synod General Assembly Appointment
The title is elected by the General Assembly of the Imperial Synod, and once chosen will serve for life, until they resign or until revoked by the General Assembly or Assembly of Nine.
The first election of the Auditor of Senatorial Accountability took place at the Autumn Equinox 377YE.
The current incumbent is Nadezha Dava of Varushka
The civil service opinion is that there are a range of legal powers that might have been considered appropriate to this position. As the title is assigned by the Synod, the auditor could have been granted the authority to use inquisition on members of the Imperial Senate. The position could have been given the authority to address the Senate. An additional Senate vote would now be required to grant any additional powers to this position.