Ratify treaty with the Grendel Autumn 383YE
To accept the peace treaty with the Grendel.
Proposed by Madruga, seconded by the Conscience of the Senate
- Autumn 383YE
Civil service records indicate the following points were agreed in the treaty with the Grendel.
- There will be peace between the Empire and the Grendel for two years, to be renegotiated in eighteen months during the Spring Equinox 385YE
- The Grendel will not trade with the Druj, nor offer them any other material assistance in their military engagement against the Empire,
- The Grendel will release Imperial slaves, one for each day that the treaty is upheld, with the first lot two weeks after the treaty then each month after that.
- The Empire cede the regions of Afarjasse and Morajasse in Feroz, and Ankra, Cinion and Ateri in Spiral to the Grendel
- The Empire will not build any shipyards or navies in the Bay of Catazar for the duration of the treaty
- The citizens currently in the regions to be ceded will be allowed two season's grace to relocate to Imperial territory with all of their possessions
- No raiding will take place from either side against the other
- Any altercation that involves citizens of the Empire or the Grendel in the others territories should be dealt with between the ambassadors in the first instance.
- The Grendel orcs are now foreigners
- It is illegal for Imperial ships to raid Grendel vessels, or to attack the Broken Shore.