The most common appearance of a Bloodcloak is a dark red mantle or hooded cloak, usually embroidered with the rune of blood. They are rarely heavily decorated, and tend to have a practical aesthetic.
The first Bloodcloaks were made centuries ago to be worn by grimnir marching alongside the original Bloodcloaks army. Indeed, the general of the Bloodcloaks was the custodian of the "original" Bloodcloak - an artifact version of the more common cloak. When the army fell to the Thule during the name of Empress Brannan, the Bloodcloak was lost - and with it the knowledge of how to make this useful physicks' tool.
During the last months of 380 YE, howver, an escaped slave from the now Thule controlled Silver Peaks made it to Anvil and was granted hospitality at the Stormspire over the winter. During his stay information was given that the original Bloodcloak was now in possession of a warlock known as Skogr the Red. In Spring 381YE a conjunction was identified through the Sentinel Gate allowing negotiations between the Winterfolk and the warlock. With the aid of Juha the Cave Spider - the newly recognised Ambassador to Otkodov - Raknar Ravenstorm was able to secure not only the return of the cloak itself, but also the release of fifty Wintermark slaves incarcerated in the mines of Skogr the Red. The Bloodcloak itself was awarded to Lofyn Bloodcloak who now resides as the general of the newly formed Bloodcloak army of Wintermark.
During examination, it was discovered that concealed within the lining of the cloak - unbeknownst to the Thule - was the original schema! In Autumn 381YE, the Senate agreed to add the schema to Imperial Lore, allowing any Imperial artisan to weave and enchant it.
- Form: Talisman. Takes the form of a tool. You must be holding this item in hand to use its magical properties.
- Requirements: You must have the Physick skill to bond to this item.
- Roleplaying Effect: While wearing this item, when you see a living creature in pain, you feel an urge to alleviate that pain - regardless of how you feel about them personally.
- Effect: Three times per day when you use the physick skill you can draw a little of your own blood and use it as if it were any one herb. An apothecary cannot use this blood when creating a potion.
- Materials: Crafting a Bloodcloak requires twelve ingots of weltsilver, twenty measures of ambergelt, eight measures of beggar's lye, and four measures of iridescent gloaming. It takes one month to make one of these items.
Additional text contribued by James Smart