- You must purchase artisan before you can take any other crafting skills
During the downtime between events, you may craft up to three magical items using rare materials that you have in your possession. The materials are used up to create the item. You may only craft items that you know how to make. Every artificer can also make, and apply, Artisan's Oil, a special preparation that can mend broken items
Rare materials are produced by mines and forests, which are personal resources.
You may also bond any item that you can make to a willing person. A character can only use a magical item if it is bonded to the wielder.
When you choose this skill you can pick four magical items that your character is able to create. The choices you can make are limited as follows:
- The first item must require no special materials to make
- The second item must require a maximum of 10 total special materials to make
- The third must require a maximum of 20 total special materials to make
- The fourth item can be chosen with no restrictions.
The character creation system is set up to enforce these restrictions automatically.
At the first event you attend you will receive 3 items that you have already created. These will be:
- The first item that you selected with 9 months still to go before it expires
- The second item that you selected with 6 months still to go before it expires
- The third item that you selected with 3 months still to go before it expires
You only get these 3 ribbons if you purchase the Artisan skill with your initial 8 character points, you do not get these ribbons if you purchase the skill with experience points in play.
You may choose one additional item that your character knows how to make each time you purchase this skill. There are no restrictions on what this item can cost.
- You can learn more about the many magical items that can be created by Imperial artisans here.
- You can learn more about the permanent magical items known as artefacts here.
- You can learn more about how magical items are made by artisans here.
- You can learn more about the various special materials that artisans use to craft items here, including the rare star-metal ilium.