Summer Solstice 2017
This page lists all the details that are specific for the Summer Solstice 2017. There is an additional page with event information which lists arrival and departure times and similar details that are common for all Empire events.
Please see the 381YE Summer Solstice winds of fortune for the latest IC developments known throughout the Empire. An Event schedule that shows timings of IC activities common to all Empire events is also available. A list of what Imperial elections are taking place this event can be found here
At the event we will be running two large battles, one Saturday morning and one Sunday morning. The large battles will follow the normal rules for battles; you may only participate in a single battle as your character and you must monster the other battle if you decide to participate in one. The sides for the battles will be chosen by the generals in the Muster of the Imperial Military Council on Friday night.
The Sentinel Gate opens at 11:00 am - regardless of whether anyone is ready or not! If you are playing then make sure you arrive in plenty of time before this so your weapons can be checked.
If you are monstering then you need to make your way to the monster area between 9:30 and 10:00 am to give us time to get you into costume, made-up and briefed. If you turn up after 10:30 you will be turned away.
At this event, the best estimate of the fighting strength of each nation provided by the civil service is as follows. of their options, which nations could take the battlefield together. Each of the two battles must have at least 56 and at most 60 force weight sent on it.
All the nations are much bigger than the numbers listed - the numbers listed reflect the relative numerical strength of the nations not the actual number of fighters who take the field.
The site map is opposite; the camp coordinators for each camp will have their own layout for their camp, showing where all the tents they know about are to be pitched. If you do not know where you are supposed to be camping, then please speak to them on arrival at your nation's camp.
The area marked with a wheelchair on the out-of-character camp is intended for participants with mobility needs. We have permission from the land owner for the handful of players with legitimate mobility needs to come and go from this area through the weekend. Please let the crew know if you have a disability that means you will need to camp here.
The nearest disabled toilet is approximately 10 m away in the adjacent hygiene block. There is a second disabled toilet 120 m away in the in-character field near Varushka and the Imperial Orcs.
The following traders have booked for the event.
- Cantrips Affordable handmade, new & used costumes, props and accessories.
- Chows Emporium Costume, leather gloves, products related to drinking and accessories.
- Coelred Monger Suppliers of replica costume and artefacts.
- Craeftigan Beautiful weapons and costume that are perfect for Empire.
- Darkblade Leather Stuff.
- Eldritch Weapons and armour.
- Gem’s Trading Co Costumes and leatherwork. Fine quality tailored garments and LRP props. Also a wide range of hand made leather items and missile weapons supplied by Arrow Kaster available to order.
- Having A Larp Costume, weapons, armour and LARP accessories.
- Honest Jim's Wandering Shop
- Irregular Props Weapons, shields and mage implements designed especially for Empire.
- Light Armouries Supplier of latex weapons and props.
- Mandala Studios High quality latex prosthetics and masks tailor made for the Empire campaign.
- Quiverstock - archery supplies
- Skian Mhor Latex Weapons and props. Costume, armour, leatherwork, chainmail, tents and all types of LRP supplies and essentials.
- Velvet Glove Costumes Costumes, make-up, prosthetics, jewellery with more to come!
- White Rose Apparel Beautiful armour.
- Wonderlust Couture - custom made, individual jewellery and costume in various designs.