Winter Solstice 2016
This page lists all the details that are specific for the Winter Solstice 2016. There is an additional page with event information which lists arrival and departure times and similar details that are common for all Empire events.
Please see the 379YE Winter Solstice winds of fortune for the latest IC developments known throughout the Empire.
For the Civil Service events set to occur and at what location, please refer to the external link to this Service Timetable
At the event we will be running two large battles, one Saturday morning and one Sunday morning. The large battles will follow the normal rules for battles; you may only participate in a single battle as your character and you must monster the other battle if you decide to participate in one. The sides for the battles will be chosen by the generals in the Muster of the Imperial Military Council on Friday night.
The fighting begins at 11:00 am - but if you are playing the battle then you will need to muster up before this time and if you are monstering then you need to make your way to the monster area for 10:00 am to give us time to get you into costume, made-up and briefed.
At our previous event we asked for player volunteers to give us a few hours to monster some of our larger quests. This let us run much more plot at the event so we're asking for more help again this time.
To help us organize folk, we've set aside a slot for each nation to volunteer to monster, which are listed below.
|14:00-15:30||Dawn||14:00-15:30||Imperial Orcs & The League|
|17:00-18:30||The Marches, Urizen & Brass Coast||17:00-18:30||Varushka & Highguard|
Monstering during this slot is purely voluntary - but it will help us put on a much better event for everyone. We are tracking the numbers of players who volunteer from each nation on an ongoing basis and using that to create equivalent sized quest opportunities for those nations at the next event. In effect, we'll try and deliver more fights to the nations that volunteer the most - on the assumption that those nations contain the players who want those opportunities the most.
The site map is opposite; the camp coordinators for each camp will have their own layout for their camp, showing where all the tents they know about are to be pitched. If you do not know where you are supposed to be camping, then please speak to them on arrival at your nation's camp.
The area marked with a wheelchair on the out-of-character camp is intended for participants with mobility needs. We have permission from the land owner for the handful of players with legitimate mobility needs to come and go from this area through the weekend. Please discuss with the crew if you have a disability that means you will need to camp here.
The nearest disabled toilet is approximately 120 m away in the in-character field near Varushka and the Imperial Orcs. The shower units are 500m away in the quiet camping field, but please ask a member of crew to radio you a mule if this transport will assist you to access the showers.
The following traders have booked for the event.
- Battle Ready Hand crafted leather goods.
- Chows Emporium Costume, leather gloves, products related to drinking and accessories.
- Coelred Monger Suppliers of replica costume and artefacts.
- Darkblade Leather Stuff.
- Das Shoppe New and second hand costume, leatherwork, weapons, props and furniture. Trade ins welcome.
- Gem’s Trading Co Costumes and leatherwork. Fine quality tailored garments and LRP props. Also a wide range of hand made leather items and missile weapons supplied by Arrow Kaster available to order.
- Irregular Props Weapons, shields and mage implements designed especially for Empire.
- Light Armouries Supplier of latex weapons and props.
- Mandala Studios High quality latex prosthetics and masks tailor made for the Empire campaign.
- Millstream Forge Metalwork - located next to Skian Mhor.
- Saxon ViolenceA wide range of weapons suitable for Empire.
- Skian Mhor Latex Weapons and props. Costume, armour, leatherwork, chainmail, tents and all types of LRP supplies and essentials.
- Tallows Beautiful weapons and shields that are perfect for Empire.
- Velvet Glove Costumes Costumes, make-up, prosthetics, jewellery with more to come!
- Warriors Wardrobe A wide range of costume made for Empire.
- White Rose Apparel Beautiful armour.
- Winterforge Armouries Bespoke LRP weapons, Leather, props and commission work.