Autumn Equinox 2016
This page lists all the details that are specific for the Autumn Equinox 2016. There is an additional page with event information which lists arrival and departure times and similar details that are common for all Empire events.
For the official civil service timetable of events occurring throughout the Autumn Equinox, please refer to this [link]
At the event we will be running two large Jotun battles, one Saturday morning and one Sunday morning. The large battles will follow the normal rules for battles; you may only participate in a single battle as your character and you must monster the other battle if you decide to participate in one. The sides for the battles will be chosen by the generals in the Muster of the Imperial Military Council on Friday night.
The fighting begins at 11:00 am - but if you are playing the battle then you will need to muster up before this time and if you are monstering then you need to make your way to the monster area for 10:00 am to give us time to get you into costume, made-up and briefed.
Both these battles will feature Jotun opponents - if you have any costume that is appropriate for the Jotun please bring that with you when you come to monster.
National Weightings - Autumn Equinox 2016
All the nations are much bigger than the numbers listed - the numbers listed reflect the relative numerical strength of the nations not the actual number of fighters who take the field.
For this event we have decided to try out a new approach to monstering. As a result, rather than advertising a set of times that players could volunteer at - we are asking everyone who is enthusiastic to volunteer to help with some extra monstering to volunteer to play Grendel at 6:00pm on Saturday.
We want to stress that this is a request to people to volunteer - unlike the battles there is absolutely no obligation to volunteer to monster. But our hope is that enough players will volunteer to fight alongside our full time monster crew that we will be able to deliver a great skirmish at this time.
The skirmish is at
- 18:00 Saturday - Grendel
Of course anyone who wants to do some npcing will be welcome at any time - but 6pm Saturday is when we really need people - put the word around! The players will be fighting the Grendel, so if you have any Grendel costume please bring it with you when you come. We expect the slot to last between 60 and 90 minutes at most.
- Right Wok
There will be three caterers at the event, Mhorish will be providing a range of meals which are available from the IC or OOC field. In addition Right Wok will provide take-away dishes and Applebys will provide hot drinks from the catering area near the entrance to the IC field.
The site map is opposite; the camp coordinators for each camp will have their own layout for their camp, showing where all the tents they know about are to be pitched. If you do not know where you are supposed to be camping, then please speak to them on arrival at your nation's camp.
The area marked with a wheelchair on the out-of-character camp is intended for participants with mobility needs. If you have genuine mobility needs then you can park your car here in the out-of-character camp - but still come and go throughout the event provided you have parked the car near the road. Please discuss with the crew if you have a disability that means you will need to camp here.
There are two disabled toilets at the event, one is part of the showers next to the disabled camp - the other is in the in-character field near Varushka and the Imperial Orcs. In addition there are two more disabled toilets in the shower units 750m away in the quiet camping field, if you are choosing to camp there.
The following traders have booked for the event.
- Cantrips Handmade, new and used clothing, accessories and jewellery, fabric and trims and IC camp accessories.
- Chows Emporium Costume, leather gloves, products related to drinking and accessories.
- Coelred Monger Suppliers of replica costume and artefacts.
- Darkblade Leather Stuff.
- Das Shoppe New and second hand costume, leatherwork, weapons, props and furniture. Trade ins welcome.
- Eldritch Weapons and armour.
- Gem’s Trading Co Costumes and leatherwork. Fine quality tailored garments and LRP props. Also a wide range of hand made leather items and missile weapons supplied by Arrow Kaster available to order.
- Having A Larp Costume, weapons, armour and LARP accessories.
- Mandala Studios High quality latex prosthetics and masks tailor made for the Empire campaign.
- Skian Mhor Latex Weapons and props. Costume, armour, leatherwork, chainmail, tents and all types of LRP supplies and essentials.
- Tallows Beautiful weapons and shields that are perfect for Empire.
- [www.quiverstock.co.uk Quiverstock] Archery supplies.
- Velvet Glove Costumes Costumes, make-up, prosthetics, jewellery with more to come!
- White Rose Apparel Beautiful armour.
- Winterforge Armouries Bespoke LRP weapons, Leather, props and commission work
- Wanderlust Couture