Summer Solstice 2016
This page lists all the details that are specific for the Summer Solstice 2016. There is an additional page with event information which lists arrival and departure times and similar details that are common for all Empire events.
For a list of what official elections are due to take place refer to the 380YE Summer Solstice Imperial elections page
For the Civil Service events set to occur and at what location, please refer to the external link to their Summer Solstice timetable here: 
At the event we will be running two large battles, one Saturday morning and one Sunday morning. The large battles will follow the normal rules for battles; you may only participate in a single battle as your character and you must monster the other battle if you decide to participate in one. The sides for the battles will be chosen by the generals in the Muster of the Imperial Military Council on Friday night.
The fighting begins at 11:00 am - but if you are playing the battle then you will need to muster up before this time and if you are monstering then you need to make your way to the monster area for 10:00 am to give us time to get you into costume, made-up and briefed.
For this event we have decided to try out a new approach to monstering. As a result, rather than asking for volunteers from nations to come at specific time slots, we are instead advertising a set of times that we would really appreciate any help that you can provide. We want to stress that this is a request to people to volunteer - unlike the battles there is no obligation to volunteer to monster in one or more of these slots even if you play one. But our hope is that enough players will volunteer to fight alongside our full time monster crew that we will be able to deliver some great skirmishes at these times.
The ideal times are:
- 18:00 Saturday - Jotun
- 19:00 Saturday - Jotun
- 20:00 Saturday - Jotun
- 21:00 Saturday - Jotun
- 13:30 Sunday
Of course anyone who wants to do some npcing will be welcome at any time - but the listed times are the ideal moments to volunteer if you enjoy a decent fight. As ever, we will only allow participants to take part in the fights if they are sober (this is particularly important for the evening fights on Saturday). On the Saturday the key opponents will be Jotun troops - so if you have any good Jotun costume or kit then please bring that with you!
Each slot will last up to 90 minutes at most, though anyone who wishes to stay for one or more slots is welcome to do so.
- Right Wok
- Curry Knights
There will be four caterers at the event, Mhorish will be providing a range of meals which are available from the IC or OOC field. In addition Right Wok and Curry Knights will provide take-away dishes and Applebys will provide hot drinks from the catering area near the entrance to the IC field.
The site map is opposite; the camp coordinators for each camp will have their own layout for their camp, showing where all the tents they know about are to be pitched. If you do not know where you are supposed to be camping, then please speak to them on arrival at your nation's camp.
The area marked with a wheelchair on the out-of-character camp is intended for participants with mobility needs. If you have genuine mobility needs then you can park your car here in the out-of-character camp - but still come and go throughout the event provided you have parked the car near the road. Please discuss with the crew if you have a disability that means you will need to camp here.
There are two disabled toilets at the event, one is part of the showers next to the disabled camp - the other is in the in-character field near Varushka and the Imperial Orcs. In addition there are two more disabled toilets in the shower units 750m away in the quiet camping field, if you are choosing to camp there.
The following traders have booked for the event.
- Chows Emporium Costume, leather gloves, products related to drinking and accessories.
- Coelred Monger Suppliers of replica costume and artefacts.
- Darkblade Leather Stuff.
- Das Shoppe New and second hand costume, leatherwork, weapons, props and furniture. Trade ins welcome.
- Eldritch Weapons and armour.
- Gem’s Trading Co Costumes and leatherwork. Fine quality tailored garments and LRP props. Also a wide range of hand made leather items and missile weapons supplied by Arrow Kaster available to order.
- Having A Larp Costume, weapons, armour and LARP accessories.
- Light Armouries Supplier of latex weapons and props.
- Mandala Studios High quality latex prosthetics and masks tailor made for the Empire campaign.
- Millstream Forge Metalwork - located next to Skian Mhor.
- Skian Mhor Latex Weapons and props. Costume, armour, leatherwork, chainmail, tents and all types of LRP supplies and essentials.
- Tallows Beautiful weapons and shields that are perfect for Empire.
- Velvet Glove Costumes Costumes, make-up, prosthetics, jewellery with more to come!
- White Rose Apparel Beautiful armour.
- Winterforge Armouries Bespoke LRP weapons, Leather, props and commission work
- Wanderlust Couture